Read the latest Medical Training Magazine: Issue 1/2018
Magazine Published: 2nd, January 2018
Simply click on the magazine below (if it doesn’t appear in a couple of seconds simply refresh this page).
Reading this on a tablet or smartphone? Click the icons below to download the app.
To subscribe to the magazine click here.
- Editor’s Comment: Editor-in-Chief Judith Riess talks about the importance of leadership in the medical community.
- Convincing the Non-Believers: Four guest contributors from a hospital in Germany discuss the implementation of Munich University Hospital’s Simulation Training.
- Quality Label for Serious Games: The Dutch Society of Simulation in Healthcare (DSSH) has developed a transparent evaluation for medial serious games.
- Interview with E. Matthew Ritter, MD: Judith Riess spoke with the highly decorated doctor about the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery (FLS).
- The Development of Standards for Simulation-Based Education in the UK and Beyond: Dr. Makani Purva and Jane Niklin go through the development process for ASPiH standards.
- Improving Robotic Spinal Surgery Training Through Simulation: Danielle Julian, M.S. and Roger Smith Ph.D. describe the design process for a surgical simulation training system for the spine.
- Reflecting Back on the Patient Safety Movement’s Progress in 2017: Continuing the momentum into 2018.
- Moulage Rouge: MS&T’s Rick Adams looks at developments in battlefield casualty care training.
- News in Review: A medical S&T news roundup from our editors.