In order to recognise and celebrate exceptional trainers, the Faculty of Surgical Trainers (FST) is introducing its first Medal Award, which will be presented at the FST Conference held in Birmingham, England, in October 2019.
Fellows, members or associates of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers can nominate and propose any surgeon for the FST Medal. The nomination must have a seconder who does not necessarily have to be affiliated with the FST. Written permission must be sort from the nominee.
The nominees will be required to submit a current CV and highlight the contribution they have made to surgical education and training.
Nominees must be able to demonstrate their exceptional contribution to surgical training. Their contribution will be judged by and must be supported with evidence in any of these criteria:
- Consistent over time (years).
- Recognised – nationally and/or internationally.
- Impacting on the thinking and research behind training.
- Impacting positively on the delivery of service and training
- Influencing others with publications or innovation.
The closing date for nominations is 16 August 2019.
To nominate, email FSTour Head of Secretariat, Irene MacDonald-Kennedy at email@example.com