OtoSim Inc, a Toronto-based medical simulation company that specializes in otoscopy and ophthalmoscopy trainers, is introducing OphthoSim Mobile™, the world’s 1st mobile ophthalmoscopic simulator, at IMSH 2019, January 26-29 in San Antonio, Texas.
Complementing OphthoSim™, the advanced desktop-based Ophthalmoscopy Simulator, OphthoSim Mobile™ transforms any smartphone or tablet into a hand-held ophthalmoscopic simulator.
Users can access over 180 real-patient ophthalmic cases with high-quality images and a complete training curriculum. It aims to help medical students and residents, PA students, and graduate nursing (NP and DNP) trainees to:
- Build confidence in primary eye examination skills using a real ophthalmoscope
- Better prepare for tests and exams (OSCEs, Physical Assessment, Standardized Patients)
- Expand clinical knowledge on retinal anatomical landmarks in both normal and abnormal cases
The Educators Portal™ of the OphthoSim Mobile™ is designed to maximize the classroom teaching experience by empowering academic and clinical educators to:
- Easily customize lectures and presentations using more than 180 ophthalmic images
- Seamlessly create and customize quizzes and exams
- Directly connect with students via OphthoSim Mobile™
- Track and monitor students’ performances, individually or as a group
Visit booth #133 at IMSH for a first look at and a hands-on demonstration of the new OphthoSim Mobile™.